Volgers

zaterdag 1 november 2014

Gast Designer bij Creaine

Hallo allemaal,
Hi everyone,

Voor ik met mijn blog bericht start wil ik jullie graag allemaal heel hartelijk bedanken voor
jullie woorden van medeleven op mijn vorige blog bericht. Dank u wel, heel lief allemaal.

Before I start with my blog post today I'd like to thank you all for your comforting words on
my previous blog post. I really appreciate this and it is so kind of you all, so thank you.

Mijn kaartje voor vandaag is er één voor Creaine challenges waar ik ook deze maand gast
designer mocht zijn. De opdracht was een digi gebruiken, een borduurpatroon gebruiken én
ik moest me houden aan de kleuren rood en groen.

My card for today is for Creaine Challenges where I'm for the second month in a row guest
designer. The assignment was use a digi, use an embroidery pattern AND stick to the
colours red and green.

Nu had ik eerst bij hen mijn digitale afbeelding gekozen en toen kreeg ik mijn borduurpatroon.
En O, Jee, ik zat in de problemen. Ik kreeg een spontaan romantich vintage gevoel bij het
zien van het borduurpatroon maar ... ik kreeg een spontaan modern en strak gevoel bij mijn
digitale afbeelding. Hoe ging ik die twee ooit kunnen verenigen ? En dan zat ik ook nog eens
met de twee opgelegde kleuren waar ik geen weg mee kon. Hoe O, hoe ging ik dàt oplossen ?

I first chose my digi that was provided for me and then I got my embroidery pattern.
Oh my, I was in trouble big time. I got a spontaneous feel of romance and vintage when
I saw the embroidery pattern but I got a modern straight feel when I saw my digi. How
on earth was I going to combine these two totally different elements ? On top of that I
also had the two colours I had to stick to. Colours I normally don't use often.
O-O-O how was I going to solve that ?

Na dagen en nachten van nadenken en niets verzonnen te hebben besloot ik te beginnen met
het broduurpatroon en dan zou de inspiratie wel komen. NIET DUS !! ;-)  Mijn volgende
stap was om het geborduurde al uit te snijden met een mal, dat zou vast helpen. Ramp O ramp
nu wist ik het nog minder. Stap 3 was ik zal de tekening al inkleuren en ik besloot om ze
ook met dezelfde mal uit te snijden. Ik was verder weg van mijn eiddoel dan ooit. Na nog
heel wat dagen en nachten nadenken zag ik een klein beetje licht ik ging de twee scheiden.
Het borduurpatroon aan de buitenkant en de digi aan de binnenkant maar dan wel in een speciale
vorm natuurlijk anders zou het wel al te gemakkelijk zijn.

After days and nights of thinking I came up with NOTHING ! So I decided to start with
the embroidery pattern, inspiration would come by itself then, I told myself. WRONG !!
My next step was to cut out with a die the embroidered pattern, that would get the juice
flow. Think again dear. Step 3 colour the image and cut it out with the same die.
One disaster never seems to come alone !!! I was further away from my end result than
ever. Another dozen of sleepless nights and restless days and I saw a little light at the end
of the tunnel. I had to separate these two ellements instead of combining them.
But if I was going to do that it had to be a special shaped card otherwise it would be too
easy no ?

Dus kwam ik op het idee om er een swing kaart van te maken.
Dat had ik al eens gezien dus zo moeilijk kon dat niet zijn. Alweer verkeerd gedacht.
Ik heb mijn beste wiskunde moeten bovenhalen om alles te doen kloppen. LOL
So I got the idea of making it a swing card. I had seen this somewhere
before so it couldn't be too hard to make this. Again wrong thinking. I needed
my best maths to make everything fit. So without further ado here is my card.
 

Dit is het vooraanzicht als de kaart dicht is.
This is the front view when the card is closed.
 


Dit is het binnen aanzicht wanneer de kaart open is.
This is the inside view when the card is swinged open.
 


 
Nog een vooraan zicht om het swing gedeelte te tonen.
Another frontal view to show the swing part of the card.
 




Nog een binnen aanzicht om het swing gedeelte van de kaart te tonen.
An inside view to show the swing part of the card.
 

 



Wil je graag meedoen met deze leuke én uitdagende challenge ? Ga dan naar
Creaine voor challenge 42 - November en link je kaart.

Do you want to join in this fun and challenging challenge ? Then go to
Creaine  for challenge 42 - November and linkup your card.

Dat was het weer voor vandaag. Hartelijk bedankt voor je bezoekje en ik ben
weer heel erg benieuwd om jullie reacties te lezen en of je deze kaart
leuk vond of juist niet. Veel liefs van Veerle xxx

That's it for today. Thank you so much for visiting and I am so very
curious to read what you think of this card. Did you like it or did you
absolutely not like it ? I'm looking foreward to find out by reading your
comments. Lots of love, Veerle xxx



 

 
 

19 opmerkingen:

Creahannie zei

Hoi Veerle,

De kaart kostte je bloed, zweet en tranen en slapeloze nachten maar uiteindelijk is het resultaat magnefiek!!!!
Fijn weekend,
Gr Hannie

Pamellia zei

Wow Veerle, what an amazing card! So much work but worth it! Love the embroidery pattern and the swinging panel! Well done and congrats on your GDT! hugs :)

martine zei

Hallo Veerle,
schitterende kaart heel leuk gemaakt
liefs van martine

Liz zei

I love this! What a fabulous design! The embroidery is lovely and I love the image on the other side. xx

Odette's kaartenhoekje zei

Veerle al je getob heeft resultaat gegeven hoor ... het is een schitterend kaartje geworden ...
helemaal iets anders dan dat ik van jou gewoon ben ...
Groetjes, Odette.

Anoniem zei

Ha Veerle,

Wat heb je prachtige kaarten gemaakt ondanks dat het je slapeloze nachten heeft bezorgd.
De combinatie's van kleuren zijn ook heel toepasselijk.

Liefs van Hetty

Marianne zei

Ziet er heel goed uit.
Liefs, Marianne

scrappymo! zei

This is so cool. I love the design and the feathers are a wonderful embellishment to this fab card.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) zei

Veerle you have done a wonderful job on this it looks gorgeous! Susan x

aussie aNNie zei

Fabulous creation, love the work put into thisxxxThe Journey is the Start

Jacee zei

Beautiful work, so pretty.
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

pam zei

Hi Veerle, thank you for your visit from Liz.
Beautiful card design, your embroidery is wonderful, beautiful work.
pam

MaryH zei

Magnificient! You really nailed the challenge on this one and kept to all your requirements. I love that you ended with a swing card (those are hard!) Your embroidery is just beautiful and so pretty on that die & in those traditional colors. The texture on the die piece photo'd very nicely and I liked the back side of the swing too. That's gorgeous design papers too. I'm glad you are using the idea to welcome your new followers. I think that originated with Darnell, (I borrowed it from her anyway!) as I thought it was a lovely thing to do. Wish I'd done it from the beginning. It helps all of us to build our blogs and meet new friends. Hope all is well in your part of the world. Sorry I'm being so MIA of late. Just lazy and spending time with loved ones. Take care, have a good week, and big hugs. TFS

Janice zei

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind words. Love your amazing card above, just gorgeous! Off to follow your blog now too, Jx

Laine zei

Such a beautiful project Veerle. Wonderfyl embroidery detail and stunning design.
Laine
xx

Brenda zei

Wow Veerle! I'm so impressed with how you got this card to come together! I don't know that I would have been able to do it, but you did beautifully! I love, love this swing card my friend!! I can see why you are guest designer, you are good! A job well done and a card that is just beautiful! Hat's off to you! Big hugs, Brenda

Unknown zei

Wow Veerle wat een ingewikkelde kaart, maar hij ziet er prachtig uit. zo als je schrijft zal er wel heel wat uurtjes in hebben gezeten. Maar het is de moeite waard, Super,
Liefs Lisa

coldwaters2 zei

Wow what a beauty this is Veerle that card fold and the design is superb.
hugs
lorraine x

Marlene Atkinson zei

Wow these are stunning Veerle, I love the designs. Marlene

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...